<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://zeefashionista.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Zee Fashionista: J&B Met baby

1.17.2011

J&B Met baby



I am beyond excited about attending this year's J&B Metropolitan (aka J&B Met) in Cape Town. Of course, my immediate concern is my outfit.

The dress. The showstopping dress, mind-boggling, beautiful dress I shall be wearing. Luckily, it is already in the works and of course, I am going for one my favourite South African designers. 'Larger than life' is the theme, so trepidation is uncalled for. I'll also be looking for amazing vintage buys at some of my beloved Joburg Boutiques. More deets and pics will follow.

The one amazing thing, however, that shopping for the Met has made me more cognisant of is the wealth of design talent we have in South Africa. Yes, I'm a sucker for Balmain, Lanvin, Cushnie et Ochs and the likes, but I really want to start wearing more South African clothes and promoting South Africa fashion.

So I'm supporting fellow blogger, Mili's (of Missmillib), #WearSouthAfricanFriday initiative - every Friday, I'll wear something locally designed. It's the perfect chance to learn more about South African fashion (and just the right time to find outfits for next months Joburg Fashion Week). 'Til then, the shopping continues...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home