<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://zeefashionista.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Zee Fashionista: Terry(fic)

5.30.2012

Terry(fic)



So I just happen to be in the June issue of Marie Claire South Africa talking about about all things Zee Fashionista, and my love of all things French - that is French food, French style, French men, and, and...

It is definitely an honour for me to be featured in Marie Claire not only because is it one of the best women's magazine's in South Africa, but it also happens to be right up there with my favourite monthly reads. Terry Pheto, a talented South African actress who currently stars as a heart surgeon on The Bold and the Beautiful, is the cover girl. I must admit, I want Terry's life. I mean modeling Louis Vuitton in Paris for the cover shoot, and getting invited as a special guest by Louis Vuitton to attend their ready-wear runway show - seriously?


Buhlebonga alerted me to Sbosh Mafu's tweets on the hype surrounding the cover - you know, a black woman on the cover of a magazine usually deemed 'white' and I must say, I do agree with her.

No doubt this is a great cover, with a deserving cover star. But if we did have more black women on the covers of local magazines, in a country with primarily black people and with magazine target audiences that are (surprisingly or unsurprisingly) primarily black, maybe there wouldn't need to be so much hype. Hype that is sometimes more about the mere appearance of a black cover star rather than the actual merit of the women being the cover star.

That's my piece. How do you feel about the matter?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Amo Princess Amg said...

i read about it interesting work Zee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home